Information is to an enterprise what oil is to an engine! Managers could gain competitive advantage where management information is:
- credible and actionable
where performance is optimized continuously and managed pro-actively.
NearSoft’s MOM4 products are aimed at equipping managers with the necessary tools for implementing ISO and HACCP standards and true Lean Manufacturing.
Implementing MOM4 can lead to enhanced efficiency, better product quality, and cost savings, making it an essential tool for staying competitive in the industry. The specific benefits realized may vary depending on the unique needs and processes of the production facility.
The metals industry is one of the most important sectors in the global economy, and it is facing several challenges that require it to adapt to new technologies and digitalize its operations. Increasing variety of orders? Decreasing quantities per order? Shorter delivery times? The production process in metals is driven by a cumulative complexity. Therefore real time tracking with integrated operational quality and maintenance processes becomes more substantial. Digitalization can help the metals industry overcome its challenges and remain competitive in the future. By embracing digital technologies, metals companies can improve their efficiency, reduce costs, and achieve impact at scale.
We possess extensive expertise spanning over 20 years in Primary and Secondary processing across a diverse array of materials, encompassing Iron and Steel, Aluminium, Copper, and a variety of non-ferrous metals.
NearSoft has assisted companies in their digital business strategies.
- Improved Production Efficiency: MOM4 helps optimize production schedules, resource allocation, and workflows, leading to increased production efficiency. This means reduced downtime, improved equipment utilization, and higher output.
- Real-Time Monitoring: MOM4 provides real-time visibility into production processes and machine performance. Operators can monitor operations on dashboards and respond quickly to issues, reducing the likelihood of costly disruptions.
- Quality Control: MOM4 systems enforce quality standards and continuously monitor product quality. They can detect deviations from quality specifications and trigger alerts for corrective action, resulting in fewer defects and improved product quality.
- Inventory Management: Managing raw materials and finished goods inventory is crucial in metal production. MOM4 helps track inventory levels, reduce waste, and ensure materials are available when needed, thus reducing costs.
- Traceability and Genealogy: MOM4 provides end-to-end traceability of metal products and materials. This is vital for tracking the origin, production history, and final destination of products, which is often required for quality control and compliance with industry regulations.
- Resource Optimization: MOM4 allocates resources like machines, labor, and materials efficiently based on production requirements. This minimizes bottlenecks and ensures optimal resource utilization.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: MOM4 collects and analyzes data from various sources, providing valuable insights for making informed decisions about production processes, maintenance schedules, and resource allocation.
- Predictive Maintenance: MOM4 monitors equipment conditions and predicts when maintenance is needed, reducing unplanned downtime and maintenance costs.
- Regulatory Compliance: In metal production, compliance with industry-specific regulations and standards is critical. MOM4 provides documentation and reporting capabilities necessary for audits and regulatory inspections.
- Lean Manufacturing: MOM4 helps implement lean manufacturing principles by reducing waste, improving process efficiency, and minimizing inventory levels.
- Paperless Operations: MOM4 promotes paperless operations by digitizing work instructions, data collection, and reporting. This reduces errors, enhances efficiency, and supports environmental sustainability.
- Cost Reduction: Through improved efficiency, reduced waste, and enhanced resource utilization, MES can lead to significant cost savings, contributing to higher profitability.
- Market Responsiveness: MOM4 makes it easier to adapt to changing market demands and production requirements, allowing metal producers to be more responsive to customer needs.
- Competitive Advantage: By optimizing operations, improving product quality, and reducing costs, metal producers gain a competitive edge in the market.
- Production Planning and Routing Generation
- Final Capacity Scheduling and Shift Management
- Schedule and Cut Optimization with Mathematical Models
- Rescheduling and Emergency Stop
- Execution and Data Collection
- Reporting & Analyses – Working Cards per shift, Product and Production reports, Downtime, Quality, and more
- Operational KPIs – OEE, Throughput, Efficiency, Availability, and more
- Equipment Maintenance, Rolls and Dye management, Grinding Shop Management
- Quality Control – Visual, Chemical and Mechanical
- Library with Templates with rules, constraints, instructions, setups, and more
- OPC communication with automation systems
- Integration with ERP, BI, CRM, and more
Parmaceutical and Cosmetics
Managers in one pharmaceutical production are facing daily with problems such as a huge number of paper documents, some of them still partially raw, colleagues constantly asking: “What we need to make further?”. Not forgetting the constant discussions with the sales department of the products that are urgently needed “overnight”.
There are more favorable scenarios: the staff is equipped with terminals and can be consulted on the following activities each working place at any time, operators perform appropriate activities as assigned. Finally, complete electronic documentation and records of the operations and status of production and packing facilities are available at the touch of a button. Software solutions for operational management (Manufacturing Operations Management – MOM) is at the heart of such scenarios. MOM4 monitor, optimize and document the business processes performed by the industry in full compliance with all pharmaceutical requirements. MOM4 is the purpose of enhancing the safety and reliability of the production process and improving product quality. MOM4 is suitable for various processes, including chemical or biochemical production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), and post-processing of such APIs in solid and liquid dosage forms.
- Quality Assurance: MOM4 enforces strict quality control measures throughout the manufacturing process. MOM4 monitors critical quality attributes, tracks deviations, and provides real-time alerts, reducing the risk of product defects and ensuring consistent product quality.
- Regulatory Compliance: The pharmaceutical industry is highly regulated. MOM4 provides tools for compliance with industry-specific regulations (e.g., cGMP, FDA, EMA) by ensuring accurate record-keeping, traceability, and adherence to validated processes by automated Audit Trails.
- Enhanced Documentation: MOM4 facilitates paperless operations by digitizing documentation, work instructions, and batch records. This not only reduces the risk of errors but also streamlines documentation management, making audits and inspections smoother.
- Inventory Management: Efficient tracking and management of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products are critical in pharmaceutical manufacturing. MOM4 helps manage inventory levels, reduces wastage, and ensures materials are available when needed.
- Real-Time Visibility: MOM4 provides real-time monitoring of production processes, equipment status, and batch progress. This visibility allows for proactive decision-making, minimizes downtime, and enhances overall operational efficiency.
- Reduced Lead Times: Pharmaceutical manufacturers can respond more quickly to changing market demands with the aid of MOM4. Optimized scheduling and production planning to reduce lead times and improve delivery times.
- Data Integrity: MOM4 ensures data integrity by providing secure, auditable, and tamper-evident data storage and transmission. This is essential for maintaining the reliability of electronic records.
- Process Optimization: MOM4 helps optimize manufacturing processes by analyzing data and identifying areas for improvement. Manufacturers can continuously refine processes to reduce cycle times and increase productivity.
- Batch Tracking and Genealogy: MOM4 offers complete traceability of ingredients, batches, and manufacturing steps, making it easier to track the history and origin of products. This is crucial for quality control and compliance.
- Environmental Monitoring: MOM4 can monitor and control environmental conditions within manufacturing facilities, ensuring that temperature, humidity, and other factors remain within specified ranges to maintain product integrity.
- Scalability: Pharmaceutical manufacturers often need to scale production up or down based on demand. MOM4 is scalable and adaptable to accommodate changing production requirements.
- Cost Savings: By optimizing operations, reducing waste, and enhancing resource utilization, MOM4 can lead to cost savings in labor, materials, energy, and maintenance.
- Predictive Maintenance: Many MOM4 includes predictive maintenance capabilities. By monitoring equipment conditions and performance data, they can predict when maintenance is needed, reducing unplanned downtime.
- Batch Record Review: Digital batch records (MBR / EBR) generated by MOM4 make it easier for operators and quality personnel to review and approve records, speeding up the release of batches for distribution.
- Competitive Advantage: Manufacturers that implement MOM4 gain a competitive edge by delivering high-quality pharmaceuticals on time, maintaining compliance, and efficiently responding to market changes.
- Production Plan
- Final Capacity Scheduling
- Warehouse Management
- Scale application
- Weight & Dispense
- Execution, Tack & Trace
- Process Quality Control
- Material Flow & Inventory
- Master and Electronic Batch Recording (MBR / EBR)
- Automated Audit Report
- Reports and Analyses
Food and Bevarages
Food manufacturers in Europe are under pressure to be able to trace every product at every stage of the supply chain. The legislation (EU directive ), states that food manufacturers have to be able to show that they can trace products right through the food chain. The new regulations have pushed more of them towards seeking out efficient solutions to meeting standards such as supervisory control, data acquisition (SCADA) and distributed control systems (DCS). Advances in SCADA technologies have ensured improved IT compatibility along with the capability to support higher-level business systems such as manufacturing operation management (MOM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP). The Manufacturing Operations Management System (MOM4) describes the overall infrastructure needed to allow a firm to carry out all its tracing, tracking and product specification requirements efficiently and in a co-ordinate manner. In addition, the MOM4 could closely monitor and control essential KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that include Yields, Throughput giveaway, Quality and food safety and Stock movements
- Improved Quality Control: MOM4 enforces stringent quality control measures throughout the production process. They monitor critical quality parameters, detect deviations, and provide real-time alerts, reducing the risk of product defects and ensuring consistent product quality.
- Compliance with Food Safety Regulations: MOM4 provides tools to help food producers comply with regulations such as Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Traceability and Recall Management: MOM4 enables complete traceability of ingredients, batches, and production steps. This traceability is essential for tracking the source of contaminants and responding quickly to recalls when necessary.
- Inventory Management: Efficient tracking and management of raw materials, ingredients, and finished products are crucial in food production. MOM4 helps manage inventory levels, reduce waste, and ensure ingredients are available when needed.
- Real-Time Monitoring: MOM4 provides real-time visibility into production processes, equipment status, and batch progress. This visibility allows for proactive decision-making, minimizes downtime, and enhances overall operational efficiency.
- Recipe Management: Food producers often have complex recipes with multiple ingredients and variations. MOM4 assists in managing recipes, ensuring accurate ingredient quantities and production consistency.
- Scheduling and Production Planning: MOM4 helps optimize production schedules and production planning to ensure efficient use of resources and timely delivery of products, reducing lead times.
- Data Analytics: MOM4 collects and analyzes data from various sources, providing insights into production performance, quality metrics, and areas for improvement. This data-driven approach enables better decision-making and process optimization.
- Waste Reduction: Food waste is a significant concern for the industry. MOM4 helps minimize waste by optimizing production processes and ensuring the efficient use of ingredients and materials.
- Batch Tracking and Genealogy: MOM4 offers complete traceability of batches, making it easier to track the history and origin of products. This is essential for quality control and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Paperless Operations: MOM4 promotes paperless operations by digitizing work instructions, data collection, and reporting. This reduces the risk of errors, enhances efficiency, and supports environmental sustainability.
- Comprehensive Reporting: MOM4 systems provide comprehensive reporting capabilities, making it easier for organizations to generate regulatory compliance reports, audit trails, and production reports.
- Improved Productivity: By automating manual tasks, optimizing workflows, and providing real-time insights, MOM4 can enhance overall productivity and reduce labor costs.
- Production Planning
- Final Capacity Scheduling
- Bottleneck Optimization
- Rescheduling, synchronization and order customization
- Execution and Data Collection
- Maintenance Management
- Inventory Management
- Reports and Analyses
- Audit Trials
- Bi-directional communication with an ERP
Discrete manufacturing, like many other industries, faces various challenges in the current business and technological landscape. These challenges can vary depending on the specific sector within discrete manufacturing, but some common challenges are Supply Chain Disruptions, Workforce Shortages, Regulatory Compliance, Customization and Personalization, Product Lifecycle Management, Quality Control and Global Competition. Addressing these challenges often involves a combination of technological investments, workforce development, strategic planning, and a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. Manufacturers who can effectively navigate these challenges are better positioned for long-term success in the ever-evolving manufacturing landscape. Implementing MOM4 in discrete manufacturing is a strategic decision that offers several compelling reasons and advantages. In summary, the implementation of MOM4 in discrete manufacturing is driven by the need to streamline operations, increase efficiency, improve product quality, and maintain competitiveness in a dynamic business environment. MOM4 provides the tools and capabilities needed to achieve these objectives while also offering opportunities for cost savings and sustainability improvements.
Improved Operational Efficiency: MOM4 systems help optimize production processes by providing real-time visibility into operations. This optimization leads to reduced downtime, efficient resource allocation, and better overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), all of which contribute to improved operational efficiency.
Enhanced Productivity: MOM4 automates manual tasks, such as data collection and reporting, allowing employees to focus on higher-value activities. It also facilitates better scheduling and resource utilization, ultimately increasing productivity and throughput.
Better Quality Control: MOM4 enforces quality standards throughout the production process. It continuously monitors product quality, detects deviations, and provides immediate alerts, leading to reduced defects and improved product quality.
Reduced Costs: Through improved resource utilization, reduced waste, and streamlined processes, MOM4 can lead to significant cost reductions in labor, materials, energy, and maintenance.
Faster Response to Market Changes: MOM4 provides agility in responding to changing customer demands and market conditions. This enables quick adjustments to production schedules and priorities, reducing lead times and improving responsiveness.
Inventory Optimization: Manufacturers can optimize inventory levels, reducing carrying costs while ensuring that materials are available when needed. This avoids stockouts and overstock situations.
End-to-End Traceability: MOM4 systems offer comprehensive traceability of products and materials, making it easier to track and manage inventory, address recalls, and meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Data-Driven Decision-Making: MOM4 collects and analyzes data from various sources, offering insights into production performance, quality metrics, and areas for improvement. This data-driven approach enables better decision-making.
Standardization and Consistency: MOM4 enforces standardized processes across manufacturing operations, reducing variability and ensuring consistent product quality.
Predictive Maintenance: MOM4 includes predictive maintenance capabilities, allowing manufacturers to monitor equipment conditions and performance data. This enables proactive maintenance, reducing unplanned downtime and repair costs.
- Environmental Sustainability: By optimizing resource utilization, reducing waste, and minimizing energy consumption, MOM4 contributes to sustainability efforts by reducing the environmental impact of manufacturing operations.
Competitive Advantage: Implementing MOM4 can provide a competitive advantage in the market. Manufacturers that can deliver high-quality products on time, adapt quickly to changing market conditions, and operate efficiently are better positioned for success.
Paperless Operations: MOM4 promotes paperless operations by digitizing work instructions, data collection, and reporting. This reduces administrative work, lowers the risk of data entry errors, and supports a more environmentally friendly approach.
- Production Scheduling and Planning: MOM4 ensures efficient use of resources and on-time delivery of products.
- Real-Time Monitoring: MOM4 provides real-time visibility into the production process.
- Work Order Management: MOM4 manages work orders, providing detailed instructions to operators about the tasks to be performed.
- Quality Control and Assurance: MOM4 includes quality control modules that monitor and control product quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Inventory Management: Discrete manufacturing often involves managing complex inventories of parts and materials. MOM4 tracks inventory levels, reorder points, and consumption, ensuring that materials are available when needed and reducing the risk of stockouts.
- Resource Allocation: MOM4 systems allocate resources, including machines, labor, and materials, based on production requirements and priorities. This ensures efficient resource utilization and minimizes bottlenecks.
- Traceability and Genealogy: MOM4 provides end-to-end traceability of products and materials.
- Downtime Analysis and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness): MOM4 calculates OEE, which measures the efficiency of manufacturing equipment. They also analyze downtime events, categorize them and identify root causes for performance improvement.
- Data Collection and Analysis: MOM4 collects vast amounts of data from various sources, including machines, sensors, and manual input.
- Reporting and Analytics: MOM4 provides reporting and analytics tools to help managers and engineers make data-driven decisions.
- Integration with Enterprise Systems: MOM4 often integrates with other enterprise systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Paperless Operations: MOM4 promotes paperless operations by digitizing work instructions, data collection, and reporting.
- Maintenance Management: MOM4 assists with maintenance work orders, allowing for preventative maintenance, better asset management, inventory control and safety.
Facility management faces several challenges in the current business environment, driven by factors such as technological advancements, changing work patterns and sustainability concerns. Some of the key challenges facing facility management professionals today are: Aging Infrastructure, Compliance and Regulation, Occupant Experience, Budget Constraints, Aging Infrastructure, Technology Integration, Emergency Preparedness, Vendor Management, etc. Addressing these challenges often requires a proactive and strategic approach. Facility managers must invest in training and technology and develop long-term plans to ensure that facilities meet the evolving needs of their organizations and occupants. Digitalization of Facility Management is essential for organizations looking to optimize operations, reduce costs, enhance sustainability, and meet the evolving needs of their occupants and stakeholders. As technology continues to advance, facility digitalization will become increasingly integral to modern facility management practices.
- Enhanced Efficiency: MOM4 streamlines and automates many facility management tasks, reducing manual and time-consuming processes. This leads to improved operational efficiency and resource allocation.
- Real-Time Monitoring: MOM4 allows for real-time monitoring of various aspects of a facility equipment performance. This immediate feedback enables quicker responses to issues and helps prevent costly downtime.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: MOM4 provides access to vast amounts of data on facility operations. This data can be analyzed to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement, enabling data-driven decision-making for better facility management strategies.
- Cost Reduction: By optimizing energy consumption, maintenance schedules, and resource allocation, digitalization can lead to significant cost savings. It helps identify areas where costs can be reduced without sacrificing operational quality.
- Predictive Maintenance: Using IoT sensors and data analytics, MOM4 allows for predictive maintenance.
- Compliance and Reporting: Facility managers can use MOM4 to automate compliance reporting, making it easier to adhere to industry regulations and track performance against standards.
- Vendor Management: MOM4 can facilitate vendor management by providing a centralized system for tracking service agreements, contractor performance, and procurement processes.
- Data Transparency: MOM4 promotes transparency by providing stakeholders with access to relevant facility data.
- Competitive Advantage: Organizations that embrace digitalization in facility management can gain a competitive advantage by operating more efficiently, offering better tenant experiences, and demonstrating a commitment to sustainability.
- Asset Management: This module helps track and manage physical assets within a facility, including equipment, machinery and fixtures. It records asset details, maintenance history, warranty information, and lifecycle management.
- Maintenance Management: MOM4 assists in scheduling, tracking, and optimizing maintenance activities for equipment and facilities. MOM4 includes planned, reactive and preventive maintenance scheduling, work order management, and resource allocation.
- Work Order Management: MOM4 creates, assigns, and tracks work orders for maintenance, repairs, and service requests. MOM4 streamlines communication between facility managers, technicians, and contractors.
- Inventory and Supplies: MOM4 helps track and manage inventory levels of supplies and materials required for facility operations.
- Reporting and Analytics: Reporting and analytics tools in MOM4 provide insights into facility performance, maintenance trends, energy usage, and compliance. They enable data-driven decision-making.
- Mobile Access: MOM4 enables facility managers and occupants to access and interact with the system through mobile devices, improving accessibility and responsiveness.
- Document Management: MOM4 helps organize and store facility-related documents, including blueprints, manuals, and compliance documentation.